Your innovative partner
We stand out from the competition by the highest quality carbide, our advancements with technology and our constant innovation.
As a result from the relationships we build with our customers, we have evolved from a tungsten carbide manufacturer into a solutions partner for all the high-tech industries:
- In-house carbide grades development for special applications such as diamond coating (best adhesion and precision)
- In-house machinery production and processes for measuring, cutting, grinding, drilling and powder processing
- In-house automation team
- Efficiency is enhanced through common sense workflow routines
- Throughput optimisation for global competitiveness
- Cooperations with universities and customers are important for product development and a critical part of our pledge of constant improvement
- Carbide specialist for the processing of materials such as aluminum, titanium, nickel-bas alloys, carbon fibre and natural fibres in lightweight construction
- Custom made products with enhanced performance and longer service life
- In-house R&D
- In-house laboratory with the capabilities to anlyze any carbide material
Thanks to our years of experience and integration of the latest technologies, we are able to meet our customers’ needs with a quality and consistent product.
EXTRAMET is the largest independent manufacturer of extruded tungsten carbide components in Switzerland. Our head office and manufacturing facility are located in the western Swiss Prealps.
Most of our staff come from the region and enjoy the benefits of living and working where others take their holidays. For the future we will continue with our location in Plaffeien, Canton of Fribourg.
Those parts of the micromachinery industry that are located in Switzerland (and have been our clients from the start) have always demanded high precision. As a Swiss company, like them, we provide the highest level of quality. From the outset we have implemented these standards of precision and accuracy and have constantly optimised them.
Switzerland is not only a country of traditions, but also of innovation. We enhance the quality of our products through the work of our research and development team, who are continuously refining our products. This improves our knowledge and understanding when applying this know-how.
EXTRAMET uses Switzerland's innovative power to implement forward looking projects around the world, working together with science and industry.